Even though Black Friday is just weeks away, there are still great bargains to be had beforehand. TODAY.com regularly showcases discounted buys on popular gifts and winter garments. As the weather gets cooler, it’s important to bundle up to protect your skin from the brittle elements, especially if you receive IPL Hair Removal treatments during our November promotion.
After receiving an IPL treatment it’s important to protect and keep the treated area(s) covered to prevent irritation and further redness from occurring.
>> We love hearing from you! How has protecting your treatment area helped it to heal?
Summer’s finally here! We put together a few tips to help you optimize this season’s wax routine:
1. Wax first, tan second. Wax before getting a tan — wait at least 24 hours before spray tanning or bronzing. Since waxing also exfoliates the skin, it will strip away any color application. Waxing also tends to irritate the skin so if you have sensitive skin, it’s best to wait 3-4 days (or until your skin recovers completely) before tanning.
2. Down time. Waxed skin is highly irritable, especially to sweat, sun exposure and hot water. Wait at least a couple hours before working out or taking a hot shower. If you’re in the sun be sure to take precautions by covering up and using plenty of SPF.
3. Wait. For a wax to be successful, hair needs to be at least ¼ of an inch long. Try waiting 2 – 4 weeks before getting waxed to allow for sufficient hair length.
4. Exfoliate at home. In order to prevent ingrown hairs, wait three days then begin exfoliating the area daily. This will help the hair grow back evenly for your next waxing.
5. No more razors. Shaving can actually irritate hair follicles negating the benefits of waxing. If you stick to a waxing-only regimen, you’ll notice over time that the hair will grow back thinner and finer. In most cases, a waxing will last between 4 to 6 weeks.
If you’ve never waxed before or are concerned about how your skin may react, feel free to call us at (212) 644-7400 to schedule a consultation with Shizuka.
TONY lists the best spa deals that can easily be squeezed into a busy NYC schedule, including Shizuka New York Day Spa’s lunchtime spa deals on Japanese-style shiatsu massage and Brazilian bikini waxing.
You’ll want to inhale your turkey sandwich at your desk, so you can sneak off to this midtown haven for a mind-numbing shiatsu massage…The golden-hued space is run by aesthetician Shizuka Bernstein, who incorporates elements from her native country of Japan—for instance, you’ll be provided with a yukata, or lightweight kimono, to wear, and receive herbal green tea and rice snacks posttreatment. The latter should help you avoid experiencing afternoon slump later on at your desk.
The possible combos are endless, so take a big step toward a smoother you with this great special. When requesting an appointment online, please use the promo code “March Madness.”
Okay, so we know it’s cold outside in NYC, and it’s hard to even imagine summer when it’s snowing, but now is actually the perfect time for Laser Hair Removal. Take 10% off all laser hair removal in our NYC spa through March 31st, 2010 when you mention this website.
Shizuka New York Day Spa uses intense pulsed light (IPL) to permanently reduce unwanted hair in as little as five minutes. Because IPL treatment can make the skin more sensitive to sunlight, it is best performed during the winter months when the sun is less strong and when we are less likely to be outdoors.
IPL laser hair removal is great for women who want to toss out their razors and achieve smooth and groomed underarms and bikini lines. It is also perfect for men who want to permanently remove excessive back hair, or who suffer from persistent ingrown hairs in the beard area.
Schedule an IPL laser hair removal appointment today by calling Shizuka New York Day Spa at 212.644.7400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org/development.
Celebrity facialist Shizuka Bernstein spoke with FoxNews.com recently about ‘manscaping’ and current trends in male grooming. Over the past few years, her spa, Shizuka New York Day Spa, has seen a steady growth in the demand for men’s beauty treatments, including men’s facials, manicures & pedicures, and hair removal treatments including laser hair removal, electrolysis and waxing. The following is an excerpt. Read the full ‘manscaping’ article here.
‘Manscaping’ – 3 Ways to Get Rid of Unwanted Hair
There was a time, back in the 1970s, when a hairy chest and a few gold chains were all the rage in men’s fashion.
But the birth of “metrosexuality” over the past decade has men striving for a “smoother” look, paving the way for a movement called “manscaping.”
Men have been going for men’s facials, manicures and pedicures — grooming procedures once limited to women. And one of the more recent trends involves the removal of unwanted hair, mostly on the chest and back.
Some men try shaving the unwanted hair off, but quickly tire of the daily requirements of shaving and soon head to the salon to seek out alternatives.
“Men have been coming in for facials for a while, but I would say it’s really the last 10 years that men have been doing hair removal,” said Shizuka Bernstein, owner of Shizuka New York Day Spa in Manhattan.