SHIZUKA new york Day Spa’s The Geisha Facial® was featured in the February Issue of Avianca em Revista Magazine, a magazine for Brazil’s Avianca airlines. The article is titled “Relax em Nova York” or “Relax in New York”!
They listed SHIZUKA new york Day Spa as a preferred New York City Spa and “hot spot”, for tourists and residents alike, to relax, unwind, and “beautify” in between shopping, sight-seeing, and theater going.
See our current spa deals here >>
Far Infrared Sauna treatments are what’s hot in wellness right now. It provides a safe and relaxing way to detox (sweat) that’s more effective than traditional methods. The article quotes Sophie Chiche, founder of LA’s Shape House, who says that “the level of toxins that you release with infrared heat is 27 percent—roughly four times as much as with more traditional methods.”
And there are other benefits, too: “As you sweat, you stimulate blood flow and circulation throughout the body,” says Dr. Frank Lipman. “The increased circulation helps lower blood pressure, and makes you feel good all over, relaxing tight muscles, easing minor aches and pains, reducing stiffness and inflammation.”
There’s no better time than now to give your body the detox and rejuvenation it desires! Your body will thank you as it releases toxins while melting away muscle tension and stress. For the ultimate in detox and renewal, combine your Far Infrared Sauna treatment with our signature Coffee Break Mud Wrap. This full body treatment will enliven your senses, clear your pores, and soften your skin–you’ll feel and look brand new!
At SHIZUKA new york Day Spa a Far Infrared Sauna treatment takes place in a private suite that’s all yours for an hour. In the suite you’ll have private access to a steam shower and locker where you’ll find a Japanese robe, slippers, towels, and soap to use at your convenience. After your treatment relax in our Tranquility Lounge while sipping our refreshing fruit-infused water before setting off into the day.
*Please give us a call at 212-644-7400 to make an appointment for the Far Infrared Sauna. For same day appointments, please contact us at least a 90 minutes in advance to ensure the sauna is properly prepared for your arrival.
Related blog posts:
Journalist and media outlets have variously described the Geisha Facial as a craze, hyped, really weird, and definitely bizarre while the young, rich and beautiful have raved about it, touting its all natural properties (Tom Cruse) and talking about how much they love it (Posh Spice & David Beckham) — and all this has been in the last 7 years, going back to when ShizukaNY introduced the Geisha Facial to New Yorkers back in 2008.
Today, 7 years later, the Geisha Facial is still attracting positive attention and testimonials — check out these recent mentions from around the web:
Simon Hill, the assistant editor for The Knot, a one-stop online wedding planning site, had this to say about her unique experience with the infamous ‘bird poop’ facial:
As far as beauty treatments go, putting bird poop on your face is as pretty strange as it gets, but it’s really not as bizarre as you might think . . . afterwards my face felt clean and had a nice glow to it . . . what really stood out to me was how gentle the facial was. All of the products used are all-natural which is great if you have sensitive skin or prefer to avoid chemicals.
The OMGSkinCare.com site adds a new superlative to the list of adjectives journalists and bloggers have used to describe the Geisha Facial – insane:
Perhaps the best known aspect of the geisha is her white pancake makeup, which was once lead-based and ravaged the skin. To restore their appearance, the geisha used a cream made from the droppings of nightingales, which contained revitalizing enzymes . . . customers have reported a “glow” on their face after the treatment.
Finally, both TreatNowBlog.com and Metro.us, drawing on a list of previously used adjectives – weird and bizarre respectively – also brought to the attention of their audiences the benefits of the Geisha Facial:
The story goes that in the past Japanese Geisha’s used a cream derived of Nightingale dropping to revitalise their skin after a day wearing harmful lead based make-up. The dropping are said to contain beneficial enzymes that help heal and brighten the skin. Today, the Shizuka Day Spa in New York [has] brought this ancient treatment into the 21st century in the form of a facial.
The Geisha Facial at Shizuka New York Day Spa cleanses and rejuvenates the skin with a little help from some bird poop (nightingale droppings, to be precise). The treatment wraps up with an antioxidant green tea collagen masque. When all is said and done, [Shizuka New York Day Spa] says the glow the bird poop leaves behind is well worth it.
New mention about The Geisha Facial® is in Metro News! Check out the article titled:
Have you tried The Geisha Facial® yet? Make an appointment today and experience ‘the Geisha glow’ for yourself!
The treatment wraps up with an antioxidant green tea collagen masque. When all is said and done, Bernstein says the glow the bird poop leaves behind is well worth it.
Probably no place else on the planet are women and men more preoccupied with health, beauty and culture than in New York City.
Acknowledging this obsession, we’ve rounded up for the week what we hope is the latest and best content the web has to offer . . .
Beauty Tips from around the Web
- For a different take on personal style and fashion, ApartmentTherapy.com has taken their attention off their usual subject, the apartment, and instead put it on the human beings who live inside them. They have compiled a pretty helpful and humorous list of their best personal fashion and style tips from 2014 — don’t skip over the part about the wearable home furnishings from IKEA.
- ThoughtCatalog.com’s Kara Negvig’s been thinking about how to look better with less stress – check out her personal ‘more beauty with less stress’ resolutions for 2015, and we couldn’t agree more with her recommendation for more facials this year.
- Stylelist.com has a pretty snazzy DIY half-moon manicure recipe, all pale pink, golden glitter, and half-moony. And – hey, we can do that for you, along with fashioning other party-ready nails, like our disco ball manicure, a shimmering Swarovski crystals manicure, our French manicure, or just about any celebrity red-carpet manicure you may have your heart set on.
- And last but not least, guys have finally discovered that their skin is not only not indestructible, it could actually use some tender loving care. But – they’re still guys, right? They’re still busy, attention challenged — when not in the thrall of their Xboxes — and, frankly, they just don’t care what they look like when alone or with other guys in the wild, so Business Insider’s Magan Willet has compiled a list of 7 cheap simple beauty hacks for the guys on the go outside in the snow. The only trouble with this list is – no real guy is going to know where to find all this stuff in his bathroom or garage, geeish.
Shizuka NY Day Spa’s Best Blog Content from 2014
Visitors to our blog last year were most interested in posts about our signature Geisha Facial®, massages for jet lag, summer skin care tips, and – along with everyone else it seems – real New Jersey housewives. Check out, or re-visit, our most popular 2014 posts:
- Shizuka’s BeautyZen Corner: Geisha Beauty Secrets.
- Best Natural Jet Lag Cure? A Spa Massage!
- Is There Any Difference Between Laser Vs. IPL When Treating Redness, Rosacea or Veins?
- Summer Facial Care Tips: How to Get Glowing Skin all Summer Long.
- Men Outpace Women As The Fastest Growing Skin Care Demographic Worldwide.
- The Geisha Facial® mentioned in The Times of India.
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey visit Shizuka New York!
From Shizuka NY Day Spa, have a great 2015!