If there was ever a season for makeup woes, summer would be it.
Between sudden rainy downpours, sweltering sweaty afternoons, and even wayward splashes from poolside cannon balls, applying makeup, especially mascara, can become a real chore.
Luckily for some, there are three spa treatments that may make you give your mascara a summer vacation of its own.
An eyelash perm curls your lashes semi-permanently, giving your eyelash curler a rest for 4-6 weeks. Technicians wrap your lashes around tiny rollers (think eyelash sized hair rollers) and apply a chemical solution to induce the curl. The entire treatment takes about an hour. A pro to perms is you get to choose the size the curl. A tight curl will give your eyes a more dramatic & glam look while a looser curl will look more natural.
Tinting solutions range from auburn to blue black and will give your lashes the look of mascara (but without the clumps). Just like the perm, this treatment lasts 4-6 weeks as well.
If giving your lashes the chemical treatment just isn’t your thing, another alternative worth trying is Eyelash Extensions. Extensions combine the look of a perm and tint, making your lashes look longer, fuller, and curlier. False lashes are affixed to your real ones with a special glue holding them in place until they fall out naturally.
Related Blog Post: 7 Tips for Naturally Stronger Fuller Lashes
Check out our Current Spa Deals here >>
Besides opening up the look of your eye, lashes actually serve a function to protect the eyes, keeping them free from foreign agents and debris. Regular lash care keeps them healthy and strong while making your eyes “pop”!
Here are 7 easy tips to keep in mind for naturally stronger fuller lashes:
1. Rub eyes delicately if you really have to. Lash roots are extremely delicate so any scratching or rubbing can actually weaken lashes causing them to break.
2. Stay away from lash roots when using an eyelash curler. You know you’ve gone too far when you pinch or tug the eyelid.
3. Remove all mascara gently with make-up remover before going to sleep.
4. Comb through lashes to remove clumps of mascara as soon as it’s applied and don’t tug lashes. If the mascara has already dried a bit, apply a bit of make-up remover to the comb until the clumps are removed and lashes separate.
5. Throw away old mascara. It’s ideal to renew your mascara every 6 months. The likelihood for germs and bacteria increases the longer you keep it.
6. Replace any eye makeup used during an eye infection, including pink eye.
7. Condition lashes regularly. Just like your hair, lashes need to be conditioned as well. You can purchase eyelash conditioners over-the-counter that will help fortify and moisturize your lashes. Conditioners are especially recommended between any chemical treatments like eyelash perms.
- Other alternatives for longer lashes include: eyelash extensions, Revitalash, or the prescription drug Latisse.
Check out our current Eyelash Perm Spa Deal>>
Imagine waking up in the morning with perfectly curled lashes and not an eyelash curler in sight? Enter the perm. It’s comeback from the ’80s, but unlike its predecessor, this one’s solely for your fringe. More >>
For brides-to-be, Shizuka recommends trying our Eyelash Perm at least two months before your wedding to make sure you like the look. You can then come back 1-2 weeks before the ceremony to have perfectly curled lashes on the big day.
To make an appointment for any of our eyelash or bridal spa treatments, please use our online request form or call (212) 644-7400.
If you’re still recovering from the holiday season, take advantage of these awesome spa deals to ring in the new year. Shizuka New York Day Spa is offering 11 spa deals on our most popular facials, massage, body, eyelash and nail treatments through January 31, 2011.
Okay, so we’ve all seen those crazy Swarovski-crystal-studded false lashes, right? (Think Ricky’s at Halloween-time). If you could go matchsies with your car this Halloween, would you do it? If so, CarlashesTM has the solution for you that gives new meaning to “pimp my ride.”
This BMW is ready for her(?) close-up. Find more information about eyelash treatments for people here.
Beautiful Claire Danes is the latest celebrity to endorse Latisse, an exciting eyelash treatment that grows inadequate lashes in just 16 weeks. Claire joins fellow actress Brooke Shields who also saw significant growth in her lashes from Latisse.
In New York City, Latisse is available only with prescription and behind the counter at your local pharmacy. Shizuka New York Day Spa’s Dr. Robert Silich provides Latisse consultations in our relaxing spa environment conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan near Rockefeller Center.
Learn more about Latisse, including instructions on how to apply the Latisse solution here.
View Claire Danes’s full gallery of Latisse before and after photos here.
[Latisse via TheFrisky]