Hey Shizuka NY Insiders!
With Halloween right around the corner, you’ll scream at these Halloween Week Specials, good October 24th – 31st, 2011. Appointments are going fast, so reserve your spa TREATment now by requesting an appointment online, or calling (212) 644-7400.
Geisha Facial®, $90 (Reg $180) Save 50%!
Halloween beauty never looked so good! Save a whopping 50% on this exclusive facial, seen on TV broadcasts and magazines internationally for harnessing the unique Japanese geisha tradition of cleansing the skin with nightingale droppings. This 50 min. facial also includes cleansing and light pore extraction using products from the all-natural Shizuka New York Skin Care System, a camellia oil facial massage and a green tea Collagen Mask.
Gel Nail Manicure – solid color, $38 (Reg $50)
Show off your Halloween spirit with our solid color Presto LED gel nails. Better yet, bring in a sample of your costume and let us create a custom color just for you. Mix things up a bit with festive stamps, hand drawing and glitter for an additional $10 and up.
50 min. Shiatsu or Swedish Massage , $80 (Reg $105)
Almost as sweet as a bagful of candy, our Shiatsu and Swedish massages will leave you feeling rejuvenated minus the empty calories! Treat your body and spirit to a 50 min. massage by one of our highly skilled massage therapists.
Pumpkin Purifying Enzyme Peel , 1.7 Fl oz/50mL – $56
If you don’t feel like carving pumpkins this year but still want to indulge your festive side, try Naturopathica’s best selling Pumpkin Purifying Enzyme Peel. By utilizing pumpkins’ powerful carotenoid antioxidant qualities, this refining peel is formulated to slough away dead skin cells for a clean, clear and radiant complexion. For an additional $30, sample it by asking your esthetician to add it to your favorite facial (already included in some). Or, simply take some home for yourself and let your skin glow like a jack-o-lantern all year round!
Spa deals are available October 24th – 31st, 2011. Schedule your appointment now by using our online request form or call (212) 644-7400.
Have a Safe & Happy Halloween!
Have you ever felt as if you were still wearing your Halloween makeup a week after all the parties and parades had ended? There is no avoiding cheap costume makeup this time of year, and anyhow it’s probably part of the fun of Halloween.
Here are a few tips from Shizuka to make sure your ghoulish look does not carry over to November 1st. You also should definitely check out Shizuka New York Day Spa’s Halloween Spa Specials.
Before You Haunt
When shopping for Halloween makeup, make sure to look for “non-comedogenic.” This means that it is less likely to clog your pores and lead to blackheads and breakouts.
Before applying makeup remember to cleanse your skin thoroughly with your favorite cleanser to remove any dirt, debris, and bacteria that could get trapped under your makeup.
Tips For Removing Your Halloween Makeup
At the end of the night’s festivities, follow these easy steps to give yourself a quick at-home spa facial and remove all that caked-on makeup:
- When you get home, dampen a clean face towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes until it is warm, but not burning hot. For extra relaxation, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Cleanse your face with lukewarm water. Clay cleansers (such as Shizuka NY’s all-natural Clay Cleanser) work well for this. Use gentle circular motions to massage the cleanser into your skin, and do not scrub. Pay particular attention to areas of your face with the most makeup, and those prone to oiliness and breaktouts.
- Place the warm towel over your face (pictured at right) and relax for 1-3 minutes, or about the length of your favorite Halloween tune. Inhale deeply. The warmth and steam from the hot towel will help to open your pores and loosen any remaining makeup.
- Gently cleanse your skin a second time and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel and follow up immediately with your favorite toner, moisturizer and eye cream.
- Drink a glass of water and sleep well.
Do you have a skin care question for Shizuka? Email it to email@example.com/development.
Okay, so we’ve all seen those crazy Swarovski-crystal-studded false lashes, right? (Think Ricky’s at Halloween-time). If you could go matchsies with your car this Halloween, would you do it? If so, CarlashesTM has the solution for you that gives new meaning to “pimp my ride.”
This BMW is ready for her(?) close-up. Find more information about eyelash treatments for people here.
Thinking about dressing up as a Geisha this Halloween? Take a look at this very thorough video that depicts a Geisha applying her makeup for some pointers and don’t forget to wash your face before applying makeup!
Don’t forget that spa facials, including the Geisha Facial®, are 10% off Sunday, November 1st through Saturday, November 7th when you mention this website.
If you liked it then you should’a put some bling on it. Nail bling is a hot celebrity fashion trend because of it’s immediate wow factor. By celebrity logic, why have one or two jewels on your hands when you can have a hundred shimmering crystals? Witness Katy Perry (above) at the VMA’s.
Other fans of nail bling include Serena Williams, Pink, and even Sasha Fierce herself who sported this nail ring from Bijules NYC in the “Sweet Dreams” video. Priced at $4500, Jay Z really must “like it.”
Understandably, these looks may be a little over the top for the everyday woman. However, we recommend our Crystal Classic Manicure ($45, 40 min) that adds just a few sparkling Swarovski crystals to two fingers of your choice for a much subtler look that can still give you that celebrity vice you’ve been craving.
P.S. Don’t forget that the Classic Manicure is 10% off October 26 – 31 as a part of our Halloween spa specials.
Korean fashionista Soomi Park has created a unique new tool for self expression. If the eyes are the windows to the soul, hers is looking rather bright.
LED Eyelash is a clever product that speaks to many Asian womens desire for bigger eyes. It features an inclination sensor with mercury to turn on and/or off. The sensor can perceive the movements of the pupil in the eyes and eyelids. If someone wears it and moves her head, LED Eyelash will flicker following the movement.
We’ve been fans of LEDs (light emitting diodes) for years, and LEDs are actually used in one of our skin care treatments, the GentleWaves Facial. What do you think…is this trend going to catch on? A great Halloween look? Enjoy the video.
If you think your skin is starting to resemble that of a jack-o-lantern, you might consider making Jack into a pie and then slathering that on your face.
Believe it or not, pumpkin is a very effective skin care ingredient. Natural enzymes in pumpkin break down dead skin cells and pumpkin is also loaded with beta carotene, a natural anti-oxidant. If your skin is feeling dull, dry or congested this October, try Naturopathica’s Pumpkin Enzyme Peel, an aromatic facial mask that decongests and polishes the skin. Here’s an easy way to work Pumpkin Enzyme Peel into your routine:
- Start by taking a warm shower or bath. Cleanse your skin while bathing, using gentle circular motions. The steam from the water will also allow your pores to open.
- Pat your face dry and apply Naturopathica’s Pumpkin Enzyme Peel to the skin. Allow it to sit on your skin for 3-5 minutes (dry your hair or listen to a tune). You may feel a light tingling sensation which means the peel is activating. However, if any burning or itching occurs, or if the skin becomes red, remove the product immediately.
- Rinse Pumpkin Enzyme Peel off with lukewarm water. To help remove the product, you can also use a gentle cleanser.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer. If it is in the A.M., make sure to apply sun protection before leaving home.
- Repeat 1-2 times per week, as needed and tolerated by the skin.
You should also check out a homemade pumpkin facial recipe from Shizuka that was featured on FoxNews.com.
Dawn of the Dead? Zombie B-Movie? Nope, it’s French Vogue!