Memorial Day is just a few weeks away, bringing with it the warm summer months to follow. Here are some tips to looking and feeling your best throughout summer 2013!
1. Screen your skin!: In order to protect against the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays, generously coat all exposed skin with sunscreen, preferably broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher. Also, just applying once isn’t enough–remember to reapply every two hours, especially after swimming or extensive sweating.
Related blog post>> Top Summer Skin Mistake
2. Post lunch: Most people forget that the skin on your lips is also susceptible to sun damage, so be sure to wear lip balm with SPF. Don’t forget to reapply especially after eating or drinking.
3. Made in shades: Wear sunglasses with lenses that provide UV protection. Too much sun over time can actually damage your eyes, not to mention the fine lines that can accrue from too much squinting.
4. Exfoliate & moisturize!: Show off soft smooth skin by making it a habit to exfoliate regularly and moisturize daily. When you exfoliate, dead skin cells are sloughed off revealing smoother skin. Moisturizing everyday will not only keep your skin hydrated, but will help your skin retain water and look smoother. SNY Moisturizer goes on light and silky and provides the benefits of immediate hydration.
5. Wax not wane: Consider waxing to get rid of unwanted body hair during the summer months. In most cases, a waxing will last for 4-6 weeks. IPL (or Intense Pulsed Light) is considered a more permanent hair removal solution, however, IPL treatments make the skin more sensitive to sunlight. Because of this, the procedure is best left for the cooler winter months when skin is less likely to be exposed to direct sunlight. If you do receive IPL during the summer, take care to wear protective clothing and reapply SPF 30 or higher regularly to the treated areas.
Related blog post>> 5 Summer Waxing Tips from Shizuka NY
6. Footsie play: Get a spa pedicure with exfoliation to get your feet sandal ready! Have fun and choose colors that compliment your sandals or add-on a bit of reflexology to soothe and recharge tired feet.
7. Aloe me: Keep some aloe vera or aloe-based ointment or moisturizer on hand in case of accidental sunburn to skin. Aloe will help relieve the pain and can help the skin heal faster. Continue to apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to the affected area(s).
8. Daily cleanse: Be sure to cleanse skin properly each day to keep pores free from sweat and sunscreen build-up. Sweating actually purifies your skin by releasing bacteria and other toxins through your pores. However, when you let the sweat dry on your skin, the sitting bacteria can lead to breakouts and major acne. SNY Clay Cleanser is great for summertime cleansing and the cooling effect of peppermint will leave your skin cool and refreshed.
Related blog post>> Product Highlight: Shizuka NY Clay Cleanser
9. G’day: As the sun beats down on you, especially during the scorching afternoon hours, be sure to wear a hat or scarf to protect your scalp from burning. Scarves in light colored fabrics such as white, khaki, or pastels will help keep you cool by reflecting heat instead of absorbing it like dark colors. Brimmed hats made of natural fibers such as straw, linen or cotton will help your scalp breathe and will help protect your face as well. If hats and scarves aren’t your thing, consider using an umbrella instead. It will keep you cool and help protect your skin, scalp AND hair from ultimate summertime burnout!
10. Bugs beware: To avoid unsightly bug bites and itchy rashes from mosquitoes, ticks, and gnats, consider trying natural alternatives to chemical-based repellents. Apply any combination of essential oils like cedar oil, citronella oil, clove oil, geranium oil, lemon eucalyptus oil, lemongrass oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil, and even the juice from garlic cloves will help keep mosquitoes and other bugs (and maybe even other humans too) at bay.
11. HydrateHydrateHydrate: Drinking plenty of water and non-alcoholic beverages will help keep your skin and hair hydrated and healthy. Alcohol tends to dehydrate the skin and hair, so be sure to replenish your system with plenty of water and electrolytes after every mojito and margarita!
Hello Shizuka new york fans
Our current news letters has been updated!
(Don’t forget to subscribe for our deals and updates! –> Click here)
Please check out the News letter Vol. 101 and book your appointments with latest deals!
After Summer Spa Deals:
Through October 31, 2011
Express Facial (40min) – $60 (Reg. $95)
The Express Facial cleanses the pores with signature all-natural products from Shizuka NY. If you’d like to enhance this facial, try adding an Enzyme Peel, Extra Extraction and/or Collagen Mask. Please ask our receptionists for prices.
Lightening Facial (80min) – $140 (Reg. $180)
The Lightening Facial is the perfect marriage of pore cleansing and skin brightening, reducing the appearance of dark spots.
IPL Spot Treatment – $150 and up (Reg. $200 and up)
The IPL Spot Treatment focuses primarily on reducing hyperpigmentation on specific areas of the skin with Intense Pulsed Light (IPL).
Spa deals are available through October 31, 2011.** Schedule your appointment now by using our online request form (promo code: summer) or call (212) 644-7400.
The end of Summer brings our Shiatsu Lunch Special to a close. The last day to save up to 30% on this popular spa treatment will be September 30th, 2011. Our Brazilian Bikini Wax and Eyelash Perm Lunch Specials will be ongoing.
**Spa Deals may not be combined with any other coupons or promotions, including Spa Finder gift Certificates.
The possible combos are endless, so take a big step toward a smoother you with this great special. When requesting an appointment online, please use the promo code “March Madness.”
Okay, so we know it’s cold outside in NYC, and it’s hard to even imagine summer when it’s snowing, but now is actually the perfect time for Laser Hair Removal. Take 10% off all laser hair removal in our NYC spa through March 31st, 2010 when you mention this website.
Shizuka New York Day Spa uses intense pulsed light (IPL) to permanently reduce unwanted hair in as little as five minutes. Because IPL treatment can make the skin more sensitive to sunlight, it is best performed during the winter months when the sun is less strong and when we are less likely to be outdoors.
IPL laser hair removal is great for women who want to toss out their razors and achieve smooth and groomed underarms and bikini lines. It is also perfect for men who want to permanently remove excessive back hair, or who suffer from persistent ingrown hairs in the beard area.
Schedule an IPL laser hair removal appointment today by calling Shizuka New York Day Spa at 212.644.7400 or emailing [email protected]/development.