Besides opening up the look of your eye, lashes actually serve a function to protect the eyes, keeping them free from foreign agents and debris. Regular lash care keeps them healthy and strong.
Here are 7 easy tips to keep in mind for naturally stronger fuller lashes:
- Rub eyes delicately if you really have to. Lash roots are extremely delicate so any scratching or rubbing can actually weaken lashes causing them to break.
- Stay away from lash roots when using an eyelash curler. You know you’ve gone too far when you pinch or tug the eyelid.
- Remove all mascara gently with make-up remover before going to sleep.
- Comb through lashes to remove clumps of mascara as soon as it’s appliedâ€”don’t tug lashes. If the mascara has already dried a bit, apply a bit of make-up remover to the comb until the clumps are removed and lashes separate.
- Throw away old mascara. It’s ideal to renew your mascara every 6 months. The likelihood for germs and bacteria increases the longer you keep it.
- Replace any eye makeup used during an eye infection, including pink eye.
- Condition lashes regularly. Just like your hair, lashes need to be conditioned as well. You can purchase eyelash conditioners over-the-counter that will help fortify and moisturize your lashes. Conditioners are especially recommended between any chemical treatments like eyelash perms.
- Other alternatives for longer lashes include: eyelash extensions, Revitalash, or the prescription drug Latisse.
Check out our current Eyelash Perm Spa Deal>>
On a recent episode of The View (3/9/12) Lori Klein, Barbara Walter’s personal make-up artist, highlighted eyelash tips that will “transform your whole face” even without make-up.
In addition to eyelash extensions, Ms. Klein featured products you can apply yourself for fuller thicker lashes (we offer both at our spa!):
- Latisse: “The first FDA approved prescription treatment that grows your eyelashes”. You will need to first obtain a prescription from your doctor then purchase this product from your local pharmacy. Request an appointment with one of our doctors for a Latisse consultation.*
* For a limited time only when you come in to SHIZUKA NY for your Latisse prescription, you will receive a coupon good for $40 off the retail cost of $72 or more. Good until May 31st, 2012 only!
- Revitalash Advanced: An over the counter product that promotes eyelash growth (no prescription necessary!). Purchase it for $150 at SHIZUKA NY!
Learn more about Latisse here >>
Beautiful Claire Danes is the latest celebrity to endorse Latisse, an exciting eyelash treatment that grows inadequate lashes in just 16 weeks. Claire joins fellow actress Brooke Shields who also saw significant growth in her lashes from Latisse.
In New York City, Latisse is available only with prescription and behind the counter at your local pharmacy. Shizuka New York Day Spa’s Dr. Robert Silich provides Latisse consultations in our relaxing spa environment conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan near Rockefeller Center.
Learn more about Latisse, including instructions on how to apply the Latisse solution here.
View Claire Danes’s full gallery of Latisse before and after photos here.
[Latisse via TheFrisky]