Aloe Cleansing Gel – A foaming sulfate-free cleanser with a refreshing blend of Aloe Vera and Lavender that gently clarifies the skin while maintaining natural moisture.
Lavender Honey Balancing Mist – A refreshing blend of balancing Lavender and moisture rich Honey helps tone and hydrate the skin while restoring equilibrium to the mind. This can be used as a toner after cleansing the face or throughout the day as a skin refresher.
Lavender Protective Moisturizer w/ SPF 17 – This nourishing emollient cream combines micronized Zinc Oxide to help protect the skin from UV damage with antioxidant Turmeric Root to help reduce redness. Apply a liberal amount to skin 20 minutes prior to sun exposure. The SPF 17 blocks over 95% of sun’s damaging rays. (Note: this product is not water-proof).
Lavender oil, known for its antioxidant and antibacterial properties, can be found in our Shizuka New York Skincare line as well:
Shizuka NY Moisturizer – This moisturizer is a non-greasy and absorbs immediately to hydrate, condition and rejuvenate, and works to clarify and brighten the complexion.
Shizuka NY Foaming Cleanser -This Foaming Cleanser is used in most facial treatments in our NYC day spa and contains a slew of other nourishing ingredients leaving the skin renewed, softer and more supple.
Summer’s finally here! We put together a few tips to help you optimize this season’s wax routine:
1. Wax first, tan second. Wax before getting a tan — wait at least 24 hours before spray tanning or bronzing. Since waxing also exfoliates the skin, it will strip away any color application. Waxing also tends to irritate the skin so if you have sensitive skin, it’s best to wait 3-4 days (or until your skin recovers completely) before tanning.
2. Down time. Waxed skin is highly irritable, especially to sweat, sun exposure and hot water. Wait at least a couple hours before working out or taking a hot shower. If you’re in the sun be sure to take precautions by covering up and using plenty of SPF.
3. Wait. For a wax to be successful, hair needs to be at least ¼ of an inch long. Try waiting 2 – 4 weeks before getting waxed to allow for sufficient hair length.
4. Exfoliate at home. In order to prevent ingrown hairs, wait three days then begin exfoliating the area daily. This will help the hair grow back evenly for your next waxing.
5. No more razors. Shaving can actually irritate hair follicles negating the benefits of waxing. If you stick to a waxing-only regimen, you’ll notice over time that the hair will grow back thinner and finer. In most cases, a waxing will last between 4 to 6 weeks.
If you’ve never waxed before or are concerned about how your skin may react, feel free to call us at (212) 644-7400 to schedule a consultation with Shizuka.
Lucky Magazine asks: What Color is Your Pedicure?
It all depends on your sandals—which, this summer, should be a decidedly brilliant shade of something.
Yellow looks so pop against the hot pink shoes.
This muted coral tones down the drama—but still looks exotic.
Deep blue-green, and drop-dead sexy.
So feminine! The soft rose sets off the shoes’ bold fuchsia.
Upgrade from a Basic to a Classic Pedicure for added exfoliation and light massage >>
Has the long winter left your feet tired and achey? Try a little reflexology foot massage to revitalize your tootsies before sandal season hits!
Reflexology is a practice that targets certain areas of the feet and hands with specialized pressure to increase circulation, relieve tension and improve organ function.
A good foot massage will help stimulate the thousands of nerve endings in your feet—keeping your feet (and body) happy and healthy!
Sweeten any spa pedicure by adding 10 extra minutes reflexology for only $20! >>