Crystal Peel Microdermabrasion facials from our NYC spa is used to treat acne, hyperpigmentation (sun damage & age spots), scars and fine wrinkles.
Our medical-grade microdermabrasion facials vacuum fine crystal powder across the surface of the skin to remove dead cells and reveal skin that is brighter, smoother, and clearer.
NYC microdermabrasion treatment is appropriate for both men and women, but may not be appropriate for all skin types, especially those with sensitive skin.
|Our NYC microdermabrasion treatments use medical-grade equipment to slough away dead skin cells and impurities using vacuumed jets of fine crystal powder. This microdermabrasion facial can be used to treat acne, hyperpigmentation, fine wrinkles and acne scarring. For more severe acne, enhance this microdermabrasion facial with pore extraction ($30 additional).||
50 min, $200
Crystal Peel Upper Back Microdermabrasion
|This NYC microdermabrasion treatment is helpful in clearing up back acne, clogged pores, and uneven skin texture on the back. Does not include pore extraction.||
50 min, $300
To make an appointment for microdermabrasion NYC at Shizuka New York Day Spa, please use our online booking or call (212) 644-7400.
Having a crystal peel microdermabrasion facial from our NYC day spa is not recommended in the following cases:
- Those who are taking Accutane, or who have taken Accutane within the past 4 months.
- Those with flat warts in the area to be treated as these are a virus which can easily spread.
- Those with a history of herpes simplex should consult with their physician about taking Zovirax, or another antiviral medication, one week prior to treatment.
In addition, please discontinue the use of any AHA product, Retin A, and Renova at least one week prior to microdermabrasion treatment and wear a sun block or sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 daily.
Day 1 After Your NYC Microdermabrasion Facial
- Your skin may be sensitive to the touch and show signs of redness immediately after your NYC microdermabrasion facial.
- Avoid sun exposure, overexposure to heat (e.g. saunas), and swimming immediately following a NYC microdermabrasion facial. If you need to be outdoors, apply a light moisturizer and a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Try to avoid applying makeup until the following day to allow your skin to settle. If your microdermabrasion treatment is in the morning, makeup may be applied that evening.
- The evening of your NYC microdermabrasion facial, cleanse the skin with a gentle skin care product using gentle motions. Do not scrub your face. Follow this with EGF Gel (see below) and a light moisturizer. Do not use harsh scrubs, AHAs, Retin A or Renova after microdermabrasion unless instructed to do so.
Day 2 After Your Microdermabrasion Facial
- Your skin should be less irritated after the first 24 hours. If you experience any significant discomfort or crusting after your microdermabrasion treatment, please call our office at (212) 644-7400. Although NYC microdermabrasion facials do not always cause residual exfoliation, be aware that if there is excess skin, do not pick of peel prematurely as this could cause unwanted hyperpigmentation.
- Continue to avoid sun exposure to treated areas, as well as the use of tanning beds and self-tanning creams, as this will increase the likelihood of skin color changes. If you must expose the area treated with microdermabrasion to direct sunlight, use SPF-30 or greater sun protection.
- Resume your normal skincare routine, but refrain from using AHAs, Retin A, or Renova until all signs of sensitivity and irritation have resolved.
- Skin lightening products are recommended to assist continued lightening of pigmented skin after a Crystal Peel microdermabrasion treatment. However, do not use these products until all sensitivity and irritation has resolved completely. Remember to use SPF-30 or greater sun protection while you are using these products.
Following your Shizuka New York microdermabrasion facial, please apply a small amount, about ¼ teaspoon, twice per day (morning and night) after gently cleansing your skin. You may use your regular skincare regimen following this. If you experience any irritation or discomfort from EGF gel, please stop using it immediately and notify our office. Feel free to contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns regarding your NYC microdermabrasion facial.