How to Hydrate Dry Skin Naturally
NY Weekly Japion featured Shizuka Bernstein, owner of SHIZUKA new york Day Spa, in their January 10th, 2014 issue.
In the article, Shizuka offers DIY skincare tips to hydrate dry skin naturally and effectively at home for plump skin throughout the winter months.
Follow these steps to nourish and hydrate dry skin naturally:
- After washing your face, warm a wet towel in the microwave and wrap it around the face. This will open pores and will feel very relaxing.
- Next, massage the face with jojoba oil, almond oil, and 1-2 drops of essential oil. Use upward circular movements whenever performing a facial massage to help lift and rejuvenate the skin.
- Make a face mask by mixing together lemon juice, honey, and a small amount of grated apple. Shizuka says, “the acid from the apple will help slough away dead skin”. Leave on for 3-5 minutes before washing away.
- Wrap the face with another hot towel to wipe away any excess from the mask and warm the skin.
- Finish by applying a moisturizer that’s been chilled in the refrigerator. This tightens pores while sealing in moisture.
Additionally, Shizuka suggests taking daily measures to ensure skin stays hydrated such as using a humidifier and drinking water after consuming alcohol.
For a related spa treatment, SHIZUKA New York Day Spa offers the Plant Stem Cell Facial ($ 160). This facial combines Naturopathica’s powerful anti-ager, Plant Stem Cell Serum, with ultrasonic and microcurrent technologies for a deeply hydrating facial–this facial is perfect for hydrating dry winter skin!