Tips from beauty experts for fuller eye lashes
Eyes are one of the big part of your impression.
When we talk with someone, we tend to look at someone’s eyes. Shape of our eyes are all different, and it makes it unique about one. Since we’re looking at it for a long time, it tend to remain as one’s impression.
Here are tips from SHIZUKA new york’s beauty experts for fuller eye lashes!
Take off makeup before bed
Taking off your make up before bed is one of the most important thing to protect your eyes and to keep your eyelashes healthy. It could prevent eye irritation, eye infection, damaging eyelashes, and also bloodshot eyes. It’s better for your skin as well.
Keep your mascara clean
- Change your mascara every 3 to 5 months. Liquid or creamy makeup can harbor bacteria more easily, and mascara is considered as one. Replacing your mascara every 3 to 5 months can help to keep your mascara clean. If its’ dried or if it start to have a strange smell, stop using and get a new one.
- Don’t share. Sharing mascara with friends can transfer bacteria and cause eye infection.
- Don’t pump the mascara wand. It makes it dry out easily.
The most common injury related to cosmetics
Scratching eyes with a mascara wand is the most common injury related to cosmetics. It can lead to an eye infection, eyelash loss, or even blindness. Sometimes you might see someone applying mascara on a train or a car when it’s moving. Maybe she is busy, but this is dangerous.
Try to apply mascara in a relaxing environment in front of a mirror. This way it’s safe, and your eye lashes will look nicer, fuller, and will stay healthier this way.
Tips for Fuller Lashes
An eyelash extension is a synthetic eyelash that is attached to your natural lash using a specialized adhesive. Eyelash Extensions at SHIZUKA new york will add drama to lashes that are thin and light-colored without the need for mascara. Eyelash extensions also carry a slight curl which adds a natural-looking openness to your eyes.
Full Look: total 120-160 lashes $200
Natural Look: total 100 lashes $130
Special Trial with Aya : total 40-80 lashes $50 until 10/29 ‘16
* Eyelash Extensions SPECIAL TRIAL with Aya during the Fall Spa Beauty Weeks does not include removal and touch up. All the eyelash extensions must be removed before this treatment. Fall Spa Beauty Deal for Eyelash Extensions SPECIAL TRIAL is available only with Aya.
Tips for Curly Lashes
SHIZUKA new york Day Spa’s eyelash perm is proven to create a lasting curl in the most gentle way possible. Eyelash perm technique at our spa is authentically Japanese, imported from one of Tokyo’s hottest eyelash perm salons.
Eyelash Perm $80
Monday – Friday before 4pm* $70
*Check in by 3:30pm, holidays will be regular price
Moisturize your eye lashes
Just like you condition your hair, it’s important to condition your eye lashes as well.
Eyelash Gel is perfect to condition your lashes. It’ll strengthen weak, too short, or too thin lashes.
This Eyelash Strengthening Gel is recommended after Eyelash Perm treatment.
Revitalash will help you achieve the beautiful look of longer, thicker, and fuller eyelashes. A very small amount of RevitaLash® is applied once a day for maximum results.
Both are available at our spa and our online store.
Shizuka New York’s Eyelash Treatments Highlighted in New You Magazine
Shizuka Bernstein and her husband Dr. Robert Bernstein were both recently mentioned and quoted in the article, “A Vision of Youthful Loveliness”, in the Spring edition of New You Magazine. The article discusses how to achieve a more youthful and ‘eye-opening’ look by paying attention to the eyes, brows, and lashes. With the right grooming, the eyes can shave years off of your appearance, even if you’ve been over plucking your brows for years. In this article, you’ll find tips for creating a bold brow and opening up the eye with eyelash perming, extensions, and tinting.
– Go with your natural brow structure to get just the right arch for your face and eyes.
– It’s a two-step process to fill in brows: create definition AND fullness.
– When brow grooming – abstain from waxing or plucking as these methods tend to cause the skin to droop over time.
Dr. Bernstein recommends hair transplantation for those with more severe cases.
“First they have to be trimmed, but eventually they mimic the growth pattern of eyebrows.”
Dr. Olivia Hutchinson, our resident MediSpa doctor is also quoted in the article. Click here for more information about Latisse prescriptions with Dr. Hutchinson.
“Lash perming, which was started in New York by Shizuka Bernstein, who has a spa in Rockefeller Center, adds a flirtatious curl that lasts a month. If you have lighter lashes, tinting and then perming will allow you to skip mascara in your daily routine, and save it for nights out.”
Check out these related blog posts for more information about Eyelash treatments at Shizuka new york Day Spa:
All eyelash extension treatments at Shizuka new york are completely customizeable according to your needs. Extension choices include curl, length, and thickness.
We offer two eyelash curls: the J Curl and the C Curl. As the shape of the letter suggests, the J Curl offers a slight curl at the end while the C Curl offers a curl that starts nearer to the root of the eyelash. Both looks open the eyes and add more volume to your natural lashes.
The full set below features J curl lashes affixed using a variety of different lengths: 10, 11, 12, 13 cm. Your technician will be able to further asses and recommend the best combination of lengths to achieve the exact look you want.
Whether you’re going for dramatic or a naturally subtle enhancement, eyelash extensions can open up your eyes and elevate your look to the next level. Eyelash extensions are highly recommended for special events like weddings, parties, or everyday beauty enhancement!
Read on for tips to keep your lashes looking perfect longer.
Tips to keep your lashes looking perfect longer
Consult a Professional
Get a professional consultation before getting eyelash extensions affixed to your natural lashes. You want to make sure you get the best look for your buck! Let Kim Kardashian have her own look, let’s find you yours! By assessing the condition of your natural lashes, a licensed esthetician will help you decide on the best curl and length for your ultimate beauty enhancement.
Keep Lashes Dry
Eyelash glue can take up to two days to firmly bond to your natural lashes so avoid getting them wet as much as possible. Be sure to protect them while showering and washing your face and completely avoid activities like swimming and those that involve excessive sweating like using saunas and working out. If you go in the water, wear goggles to protect those lashes.
Gently Remove Makeup
Use makeup removal wipes to gently remove makeup from the eye area. Avoid using cotton balls or pads as cotton fibers can get stuck in lashes and make them fall out sooner. A little extra care everyday can extend the life of your lashes in the long run.
Most mascaras will interfere with eyelash glue lessening their bond to the eyelash extension. Mascara, especially oil-based ones, can be difficult to remove which can further weaken and limit the life of the eyelash extension. Added benefits of getting eyelash extensions include giving mascara and eyelash curlers some time off. Enjoy it!
Reset and go!
You’re bound to get eyelashes wet in the shower or after cleansing your face. When this happens simply reset them by combing them gently with an eyelash comb and blow dry them with a hairdryer set on its coolest setting. Using hot air will further weaken the eyelash extension adhesive.
Sleep on your back
Sleeping on your stomach or on your side can cause eyelash extensions to bend awkwardly throughout the night making them difficult to deal with in the morning. In order to protect lashes during slumbering hours, sleep on your back instead.
Besides opening up the look of your eye, lashes actually serve a function to protect the eyes, keeping them free from foreign agents and debris. Regular lash care keeps them healthy and strong while making your eyes “pop”!
Here are 7 easy tips to keep in mind for naturally stronger fuller lashes:
1. Rub eyes delicately if you really have to. Lash roots are extremely delicate so any scratching or rubbing can actually weaken lashes causing them to break.
2. Stay away from lash roots when using an eyelash curler. You know you’ve gone too far when you pinch or tug the eyelid.
3. Remove all mascara gently with make-up remover before going to sleep.
4. Comb through lashes to remove clumps of mascara as soon as it’s applied and don’t tug lashes. If the mascara has already dried a bit, apply a bit of make-up remover to the comb until the clumps are removed and lashes separate.
5. Throw away old mascara. It’s ideal to renew your mascara every 6 months. The likelihood for germs and bacteria increases the longer you keep it.
6. Replace any eye makeup used during an eye infection, including pink eye.
7. Condition lashes regularly. Just like your hair, lashes need to be conditioned as well. You can purchase eyelash conditioners over-the-counter that will help fortify and moisturize your lashes. Conditioners are especially recommended between any chemical treatments like eyelash perms.
Check out our current Eyelash Perm Spa Deal >>
Our eyelash extension treatment is featured in the January/February issue of Manhattan Magazine’s “Best of the City” list!
Lashes: Shizuka New York
At this spa, silk lashes are delicately and meticulously applied one by one, making eyes look bigger and more feminine; the look even lasts through swimming. You’ll never need to apply mascara again!
Visit our website for FAQs, pricing, and more about our Eyelash Extension treatments >>
Imagine waking up in the morning with perfectly curled lashes and not an eyelash curler in sight? Enter the perm. It’s comeback from the ’80s, but unlike its predecessor, this one’s solely for your fringe. More >>
For brides-to-be, Shizuka recommends trying our Eyelash Perm at least two months before your wedding to make sure you like the look. You can then come back 1-2 weeks before the ceremony to have perfectly curled lashes on the big day.
To make an appointment for any of our eyelash or bridal spa treatments, please use our online request form or call (212) 644-7400.