Top Weekend Roundup of Beauty Tips & Our Most Popular Posts of 2014
Probably no place else on the planet are women and men more preoccupied with health, beauty and culture than in New York City.
Acknowledging this obsession, we’ve rounded up for the week what we hope is the latest and best content the web has to offer . . .
Beauty Tips from around the Web
- For a different take on personal style and fashion, ApartmentTherapy.com has taken their attention off their usual subject, the apartment, and instead put it on the human beings who live inside them. They have compiled a pretty helpful and humorous list of their best personal fashion and style tips from 2014 — don’t skip over the part about the wearable home furnishings from IKEA.
- ThoughtCatalog.com’s Kara Negvig’s been thinking about how to look better with less stress – check out her personal ‘more beauty with less stress’ resolutions for 2015, and we couldn’t agree more with her recommendation for more facials this year.
- Stylelist.com has a pretty snazzy DIY half-moon manicure recipe, all pale pink, golden glitter, and half-moony. And – hey, we can do that for you, along with fashioning other party-ready nails, like our disco ball manicure, a shimmering Swarovski crystals manicure, our French manicure, or just about any celebrity red-carpet manicure you may have your heart set on.
- And last but not least, guys have finally discovered that their skin is not only not indestructible, it could actually use some tender loving care. But – they’re still guys, right? They’re still busy, attention challenged — when not in the thrall of their Xboxes — and, frankly, they just don’t care what they look like when alone or with other guys in the wild, so Business Insider’s Magan Willet has compiled a list of 7 cheap simple beauty hacks for the guys on the go outside in the snow. The only trouble with this list is – no real guy is going to know where to find all this stuff in his bathroom or garage, geeish.
Shizuka NY Day Spa’s Best Blog Content from 2014
Visitors to our blog last year were most interested in posts about our signature Geisha Facial®, massages for jet lag, summer skin care tips, and – along with everyone else it seems – real New Jersey housewives. Check out, or re-visit, our most popular 2014 posts:
- Shizuka’s BeautyZen Corner: Geisha Beauty Secrets.
- Best Natural Jet Lag Cure? A Spa Massage!
- Is There Any Difference Between Laser Vs. IPL When Treating Redness, Rosacea or Veins?
- Summer Facial Care Tips: How to Get Glowing Skin all Summer Long.
- Men Outpace Women As The Fastest Growing Skin Care Demographic Worldwide.
- The Geisha Facial® mentioned in The Times of India.
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey visit Shizuka New York!
From Shizuka NY Day Spa, have a great 2015!